Scholarships are funds that are awarded to students to use toward their education, and don’t need to be repaid.
Some scholarships and funding opportunities are given based on merit (academic achievement), some are based on need, and some are awarded for athletics and other skills. Here, undergraduate students in the department can find a variety of scholarship opportunities to help support their education and further their academic and professional goals in forensic science. From university-specific scholarships to national awards and grants, there are many options available for students to explore and apply for. We encourage all students to take advantage of these resources and apply for any scholarships for which they may be eligible.
- VCU Humanities and Sciences Scholarships: Deadline in March
- VCU Business Services Scholarships: Deadline in February
- VCU Student Financial Services: Scholarships
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences/Forensic Science Foundation Award, Grant and Scholarship Opportunities
- Association of Firearm and Toolmark Examiners Scholarship Program: Deadline in April
- American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors Scholarship Program: Deadline in April
- International Association for Identification Scholarships: Deadline in June
- International Association for Identification Johnson-Whyte Memorial Foundation Fund
- Mid-Atlantic Association of Forensic Scientists Student Scholarships: Deadline in March