M.S. in Forensic Science
The Master of Science in Forensic Science program is designed to prepare students for careers as forensic scientists in government and private laboratories. Students receive in-depth exposure to specializations within the field, including drug analysis, DNA analysis, trace evidence, criminalistics and legal issues. A strong emphasis on laboratory courses provides students with significant hands-on experience prior to graduation. Several of the required lab courses are taught at the Virginia Department of Forensic Science Lab, which is nationally accredited by the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors.
The MS in Forensic Science at VCU has been granting degrees since 1978, and is accredited by the Forensic Science Education Program Accreditation Commission (FEPAC).
- Prepares students for careers as forensic scientists in government, private agencies and laboratories
- Small class sizes
- Distinguished faculty
- Active research programs in various forensic science disciplines
- Select courses taught by practicing forensic science professionals
- Location in the state capital provides a rich environment for both classroom learning and internships
- Specialized laboratory courses using modern crime laboratory equipment taught on campus and at the Virginia Department of Forensic Science Central Laboratory