Beyond the general VCU Graduate School admission standards, admission to the Master of Science in Forensic Science is based on the following minimum criteria:
- A bachelor's degree in a natural science discipline, including forensic science; or a degree with equivalent course work.
- Completion of eight credits (two semesters or equivalent) of organic chemistry with laboratories and eight credits (two semesters or equivalent) of general biology with laboratories.
- Completion of nine upper-level credits (or equivalent) - coursework topics depend on concentration. See the Graduate Bulletin for details.
- An undergraduate grade-point average that exceeds 2.9 overall on a 4.0 scale.
- A satisfactory score on the Graduate Record General Exam (GRE). For information about this exam, call (800) GRE-CALL.
- Assessment of prior graduate course work and/or relevant laboratory experience (where applicable).
- Three letters of recommendation pertaining specifically to the applicant's potential ability as a graduate student in forensic science.
While applicants are encouraged to apply early, the deadline for applications is March 1. Applications received after the deadline will be considered if the cohort is not completed.