Beyond the general VCU Graduate School admission standards, admission to the Master of Science in Forensic Science is based on the following minimum criteria:
- A bachelor's degree in a natural science discipline, including forensic science; or a degree with equivalent course work.
- Completion of eight credits (two semesters or equivalent) of organic chemistry with laboratories and eight credits (two semesters or equivalent) of general biology with laboratories.
- Completion of nine upper-level credits (or equivalent) - coursework topics depend on concentration. See the Graduate Bulletin for details.
- An undergraduate grade-point average that exceeds 2.9 overall on a 4.0 scale.
- A satisfactory score on the Graduate Record General Exam (GRE). For information about this exam, call (800) GRE-CALL.
- Assessment of prior graduate course work and/or relevant laboratory experience (where applicable).
- Three letters of recommendation pertaining specifically to the applicant's potential ability as a graduate student in forensic science.